School councils play a key role in all Victorian Government schools. The School Council gives a voice to the parent and carer community, and supports the Principal to provide the best possible educational and wellbeing outcomes for students.
School Council, in consultation with the Principal and Department of Education and Training, has a broad range of responsibilities including:
- Establishing the broad direction and vision of the school within the school's community
- Participating in the development and monitoring of the school strategic plan
- Developing, reviewing and updating school policies
- Developing, reviewing and monitoring the Student Engagement Policy and the School Dress Code
- Raising funds for school-related purposes
- Approving the annual budget and monitoring expenditure
- Maintaining the school’s grounds and facilities
- Entering into contracts (e.g. cleaning, construction work)
- Reporting annually to the school community and to DET
- Generally stimulating interest in the school in the wider community
The Principal, in consultation with the staff, determines the day-to-day organisation.
Elections for School Council are held each March and you can find out more about these important roles here.
The members of the 2020 School Council are:
Simon Duthie (Parent)
Fiona Johnston (Staff Member)
|Simon Duthie||Blair Venn|
|Bianca Alvarez Harris||Fiona Johnston|
|Suzanne Kinnersly (Principal)||Robyn McNeil|
Subcommittees are advisory bodies to the School Council and assist with work that needs to be done.
At Winters Flat we have seven subcommittees:
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS
School Council meets every month and welcomes any feedback or questions from the school community.
Meetings for 2020
First meeting is scheduled for Monday 17th February 2020 at 7pm.